Monday, January 23, 2012

Guten Tag!‏

Meine Liebevoll Freunden und Familie,
Wow! In fact, can I just say that twice?....Wow! THis week just absolutely flew by. I feel like I've been here just over a week when in reality, I leave for Germany in less than 2! I can hardly even believe it! In fact, we get our flight plans on Thursday (for which we are all so very excited!) and this week is our last full week of class, because we've got in-field orientation a week from Friday, and our last Saturday here will be P-day so we can pack! Bah!
Anywho! Adding to the speed of this week was the fact that our schedule wasn't quite normal. On Tuesday, we got to help with a teacher-training workshop...it was great! We were supposed to be helping the teachers, but I'm pretty sure they helped us more. Haha. And then on Wednesday we got ot host the new missionaries! You know those two missionaries that took me away when you dropped me off? Well that was our job this week. And then we got to show them around the MTC..it was neat!
AS much as i love it here, I'm beginning to get the sense that our zone is...completely losing it. We've been here for 7 weeks, but we still have another 2 to go! Which sometimes seems impossibly long, but I'm determined to hang in there with a smile on my face until the bitter end:)
Umm! As for things I learned this week...first off, a friend sent me a letter with a quote that I really liked. He said, "All God asks of us is everything we have. And even though that's not enough, it's enought for Him." How true is that? This week I have been especially impressed by the immense sacrifice the Savior made for us in completing the Atonement. We are so indebted to Him for that alone. But then, as if that weren't enough, He continues to bless us day after day. We will forever be in His debt. Which! Can sound a little disheartening if you want to look at it that way. I however prefer the other point of view. That while His suffering was horrific, it was also so very majestic, in that by and through His suffering in Gethsemane and then on the cross at Calvary, we, each and every one, truly can be redeemed, and become even as He is. I heard a quote by elder Holland that said "Our most crucial challenge in this life will be to believe that we can change." WE, all of us, can change. We may mess up, but that doesn't make us messed up. We may fall down, but that doesn't make us fallen. Through in Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can "fall seven times, stand up eight". Our weaknesses can become strengths. We can "come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him." But first, we must come. We must try. We must endure. Through the Atonement, we can have hope. And THEN will His grace be sufficient for us. Bah! I'm just so excited to go and share that beautiful hope with the people in Deutschland. :)
Also! A little Deutsch moment...so I was reading the New Testament in German a little this week, and I really loved..I think it was John 16:7. It's just before Christ's death, when He has all of His apostles gathered with him, and he promises them that when he leaves, he will send them the Holy Ghost. Well! In english, He refers to the HG as "The Comforter", but the Deutsch verse has "Beistander", the word beistand translating to "Assistance". And! I just thought that was super neat. Also in english Jesus says that "it is expedient that I go...so that the Comforter may come.." (i forget the exact wording..) But in German, it says that "It is good for you that I go...so that the Assistance (or assister) may come..." Meine gute, I love the German language! So! Hop on over to Mosiah 19:9 with that new idea in mind, and it speaks of the Nephites just after they were visited by the Resurrected CHrist, and it says that their greatest desire was to have the Comforter spoken of by the Savior. Their GREATEST desire was to have the ASSISTANCE of God. And so it should be with us. I've especially noticed on my mission how absolutely vital the Holy Ghost is in my life. Without it, I can do nothing. But with it? There is nothing I cannot do. So neat:)
Well anywho! Now that I've gone on forever and ever..I'm jsut about out of time. But! I would like, as always, to thank you all for your love, support, and letters. This truly IS a great and marvelous work, and I am so grateful to be a part of it. :)
I love you all! Have a lovley week, and smile often:)
Viel Liebe,
Sister Bice

No comments:

Post a Comment