Monday, June 11, 2012

Liebe Freunde und Familie:)
So! Once upon a time, Sister Schulze and Sister Bice rode the train to Stuttgart on Thursday morning. They said their heartfelt farewells, and Sister Bice rode back to Göppingen with her new companion, Sister Smart, and they all lived happily ever after.
.........Psych.
Last Tuesday, we had our last district meeting in Ulm. It was so great. And I got a blessing from our district leader Elder Volz. I am just a little nervous for this transfer, so I asked him for one, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. At any rate,  I am really going to miss my district. They have become like Family to me. Ich habe Sie sehr Lieb. After our meeting, we had our district P-day for the transfer, and we braved the 768 spiral steps of the Ulmer Münster! It was so neat! The view from the top was beautiful. I'll send some pictures home:) By the time we got back to the bottom, my poor legs didn't know what on earth had happen to them. The were a little wobbly. Obviously I'm a little out of shape..pah.
After the Münster, we decided to grab a quick lunch together before heading out. We were walking over to Subway (I know, I know..we are such Americans. Actually, we had 3 Germans with us:) our handy rang. I looked at the number and it was "Unknown", so I answered with my
"Guten Tag! Hier spricht Sister Bice, missionarinen von der Kirche Jesu Christi..."
"..Guten tag Sister Bice! Hier spricht Präsident Miles.."
Uhh...the mission president? President never calls without a reason. I was expecting him to ask to speak with Sister Schulze, but after a minute of small talk, he explained that he'd been on his knees a lot the last few days, and that he was going to be making some changes in the transfer that would affect me. Then he asked me if I was willling to accept a calling. Of course I said yes. Then he told me he was calling me to be....a trainer.
I'm pretty sure I stopped dead in my tracks. I told President if that he thought I could do it, I'd do it. He then told me that I needed to be in Munich the next day to pick up my Golden (greenie..). He explained a couple of other things and said tchuss. I hung up the phone and my district all stood there waiting for me to explain something. Then Elder Volz said "You're training aren't you?? I knew you would!" Uhh..I am glad everyone else saw that coming cause..it blind sided me like an S-bahn! And here I was, worried about a companion that had "only been out 6 weeks longer than I had". President Miles e-mailed me this week and said,  "Dear Sister Bice I had to smile just a little reading you letter about how young you and Sister Smart are and how that will affect your work, surprise. Sister Lin. You two will be great and you will be a great trainer, the Lord told me so."
ANYwho.. Wednesday we cancelled all of our appointments and rode to München to the mission office. It was the weirdest feeling. 4 months ago to the day, I was in the exact house...only on the other end of the spectrum. I was the Golden being pick up! Annnd now I was there as trainer. I was the youngest trainer there, and felt a little out of place. Until we had testimony meeting. After a lovely dinner as trainers and trainees with President and Sister Miles, we all gathered into their living room to be assigned our new companions. Then all of the new missionaries bore testimony. As I sat there listening, I knew it was exactly where I needed to be. I have NO idea how we are going to survive this next transfer with little old me at the helm...but I know that we will. Like I told Sister Lin..there are going to be times that neither of us know what we're doing..but in those times we are just going to learn together, and grow together, with the Lord.
So! Sister Lin! She is from...Taiwan. She speaks Chinese, English, and....no German. And! She is absolutely adorable. She is a convert of 5 years, and she just beams with love and excitement. She thinks I'm perfect. Which is obviously a hideous fib...but! I am going to do my very best to not give her any reason to think otherwise. The last 5 days have been an adventure. To say the least. There have been countless times where I have felt completely helpless. In those times, I have dropped to my knees and plead with the Lord for help. And! Well, we are still alive so..hah. More than anything, I have been so very humbled the last few days. I have found great comfort in the words of Nephi "I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way that they may accomplish the thing which he commanded them." The Lord has called Sister Lin and I to serve together here in Göppingen. And He will prepare the way. We may be in for a little bit of a bumpy ride, but, so long as we keep Him in the game plan, all things will work together for our good.
Annd out of time! Sorry this email is a little scatterbrained! Crazy week...and only going uphill from here! I love you all! Have a lovely week:)
Love,
Sister Bice

No comments:

Post a Comment