Monday, June 25, 2012

Hallo!‏

Liebe Freunde und Familie,
Bahaha. So I am in the internet shop, and the indian lady who works just came up and asked me "möchten Sie neben ihre frau sitzen?" Which is, "do you want to sit next to your wife?" HAH! She thinks Sister Lin and I are married. Meine Gute. The people here are crazy. ANYwho..
CPR! If you ever find yourself struggling to keep alive, just practice a little CPR!
Church!
Pray!
Read!
I learned that one from Sister Lin:) But! So true! I am convinced that there are no spiritual ailments in life that can't be whipped into shape with a little bit of CPR:)
So! Another week here in Göppingen. I feel like I have been living in this place my whole life. Except for the fact that I still get us lost sometimes. Hah. But! I am also able to give pretty good directions when people ask me! There is something about wearing a nametag that makes people think you know everything in the whole world...hah.
Good news for the week....Sarah was in church yesterday! Woo!! Finally! We wanted to call and remind her Saturday but couldn't get ahold of her. Then she called at 7:50am sunday morning and I thought "oh great, she is going to tell us she can't come.." but she said "Good morning! I am waiting outside my house...is someone coming to pick me up?" Daw! I told her to be ready to go "just before 8" and, she was:) I think she actually dozed off for a split second in Sacrament meeting...but! She was there! I wish there was an english branch here. She doesn't speak any German. I translated for her, but it's not the same. I hope she had a good experience anyways. We meet with her again tomorrow:)
As for the rest of the week? We...didn't have many appointments. So we spent a lot of time outside. We are in desperate need of...people who have interest to learn more about the gospel. They are out there. We just need to find them. And if that means talking to 500 people who AREN'T interested first?...Bring it on.
..I am STILL finding little sticky notes that sister schulze hid for me all over the apartment before she left. I have been so blessed as far as companions go. I think the Lord knows I couldn't do this without a good companion. He knows me too well. Actually He knows me better than I do. Because I probably wouldn't have given myself the companions He has given me, but somehow, they have been EXACTLY what I've needed. :)
I was told this week by an elder that I have "the strongest Sister handshake" Hah. I have heard that so much on my mission. I think it is growing up in the Bice fam. Bundy tough?
District meeting! Was SO good this week! Again. I love my district. Meine Gute. They are such good missionaries. Anywho, one of our elders is Elder Croft. He goes home after this transfer. I feel like he is "the perfect missionary." I've learned so much from him. This week he shared something that I loved. He said "There is no such thing as darkness. Just an absence of light." Woah! Crazy thought! I actually heard that in science class before..but I forgot it. He said that the most successful way to be a successful missionary is to FILL ourselves with light! If we feel a sense of "darkness" in our lives, we need to figure out how to let some more light in. Then I got to thinking and came upon the phrase "down time". And came to the conclusion that we need to eliminate it! I mean, who wants to be "down" anyways? We need to turn our "down" time into "up time"! By filling our free time with uplifting thoughts, music, books...throw open the windows and let the light in!
Anywho, I am almost out of time. But, I was looking through some notes the other day and found "If you want to see a miracle, just think back on who you were your first day at the MTC, and who you've now become." So, I pulled out my first mission journal (yes, I am on my second already..) and meine Gute. I think miracle is an understatement. It's crazy to think back on where I was just a few months ago. I think too often I only look forward, and think about all of the things I still need to learn, things I need to do better, things I need to change, etc. And I sometimes forget to look BACK and see all the things the Lord has already helped me with out here. How blessed I have been. How much I have learned. How much I have grown. I can't believe 6 months of my mission are already gone, but I am excited for the things I have yet to learn and the becoming that will yet take place in the next year. Thanks so much for all your support, letters, prayers, and examples. I feel like my whole life I have been surrounded by spiritual giants. Annnd I feel like I am still a spiritual dwarf sometimes. But! I am working on it. And so long as I am moving forward, I am happy:)
Liebe Grüße!
Love, Sister Bice

No comments:

Post a Comment