Monday, February 27, 2012

Guten Morgen :)‏

Haalllooo from Ulm! :)
So! Guess who go a letter this week? I DID! From my dearest and most darlingest Grandma and Grandpa Bice. Thanks so much you two! It is always so great to hear from home:) Thanks for all your support. :)

Annd guess what else I did this week? I made pfannkuchen! Or, pancakes! Meine gute they were so delicious. Germany will soon come to know of my wonderful pancakes that I love so much. Hah, actually, my companion didn't like them. She said they were too sweet for her. But! It was a nice little piece of home for me :)


So! This last Monday we met with a darling old (very old..) member named Sister Senftleben. She. Was. Darling. WE had a lesson on gratitude, and I think I learned more from her than she did from us. Also, we sang for her, and she started conducting, and..it was cute. Anywho, she said something that I liked. "Where there is gratitude, there is joy." Simple, yet profound. It reminded me (for some weird reason..) of the song on White Christmas that says "when you're weary and you can't sleep, try counting blessings instead of sheep..." How awesome it would be if we could fall asleep every night counting our blessings, and wake up doing the same! I have found taht gratitude is one of the biggest weapons against discouragement here in the field. If ever I am feeling a little down, I simply think of all the many things I have in my life to be grateful for. And like my dear MTC teacher told us, "No one ever damaged their eyesight by looking on the brightside!" Amen!


Soo we are in need of new investigators. I spent probably an hour last Tuesday looking through the area book. There are So. Many. Names in there. We contacted some families on our "potentials" list. One said we could come back the next morning, but then wasn't home. But! On the way back, we gave out a Book of Mormon to a lady walking her dog, who seemed pretty excited to have it. We call her "Hunde Frau" (dog lady..) when we pray for her. Hah. Hopefully she reads it and calls the missionaries sometime in the future...


The weather this last week was wonderful! Lots of sunshine! It did rain Saturday though. The day of our Ausstellung in Göppingen. A straßeausstellung is where you set up a booth thing on the street, and talk to people. We must of handed out 100 flyers in our 2 hours. It was really good practice for talking with people. And! If they insult me, I have no idea! I just give them my spiel, smile, and go on my happy way! I did catch a frightful glace of myself in the mirror when all was said and done...the rain got the better of me! But it was fun:)


We also had Pfahlkonferenz (stake conference) in Stuttgart this weekend. It was great! It was also in German. I didn't understand all of it, but I was truly shocked by how much I did understand. Anywho, I was good. Itwas a little like an MTC fireside again! I do miss those..but! One thing I liked was that "saints are only sinners, trying to be better each day." Nobody is perfect. We are not expected to be perfect. We are only expected to try our very best. :) Also! They talked a little about temples, and I realized, that temples really are the key to the bridge to Eternity. Some of the members here to don't seem to realize the importance of them, and the ones that do make enourmous sacrices to attend. I encourage all of you who live near a temple to take advantage of it!


And of course a little language thought before I scamper off...the German "Ich will..." means "I want...". I was thinking a lot about desires this week as I've been reading the Book of Mormon and PMG, and I decided that desires are such a big factor to..well..everything we do in life. Sometimes, it isn't so much what we do that matters, as WHY we do it. We can do great things, but if not for the right reasons, it will profit us nothing. So! The moral? I think that what we WANT in life, or, our desires, will eventually become what we WILL do, say, think, become. It is so important to have righteous desires. And life is so much easier when we allign our desires with the Lord's.


Anywho! I am out of time! But I love you all, and thank you for your support and good examples! Keep smiling, and the world will smile with you!


Much love,
Sister Bice

No comments:

Post a Comment