Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rain, rain, go away..come again...in 6 weeks or so...hah.‏

Hallo und liebe Grüße aus Deutschland. :)
Once again, you will have to bear with my scattered brain today..but! Es hätte schlimmer sein können...:)
It's raining. In fact, it has been raining the last several days...and is supposed to rain for the next several...
Rain is great for the flowers.
Bad for the missionaries.
But! We love it anyways. :)
So! Funny little story..we were on the way here to write emails and we were waiting for the bahn when a girl about our ages says.."...aren't you guys Mormons?" We said "You bet!" She said "...I thought Mormons always wore skirts." We explained to her that today was our p-day and and and. She was actually way cool, but unfortunately had to get on the bus right then. Lame. But! I hope we bump into her again sometime..in our skirts next time. :P
So! Highlights of the week? Well I actually had a real rough day on Tuesday. Hit me out of nowhere. I even cried at the bus station. I hate crying. But! Sometimes it's for the best? You gotta have the water to make the rainbow, oder? Naja. But! I got a blessing from the Zone Leaders and it was, again, exactly what I needed. It never ceases to amaze me how well Heavenly Father knows me. I mean, I have been living with me for 22 years now and sometimes I like to THINK that I know what makes me tick..but then I have days like Tuesday and realize that...I have no idea! So yeah. I still have some figuring out to do. But! The gospel gives us direction. oh how I do so very much love the gospel. It's only when I lose sight of the big picture that I have problems. Otherwise, the gospel makes life make sense. Ok lets be honest...most of the time, life makes no sense. But! The gospel always does. :)
On Wednesday, I shook the hand of a 106 year old woman. She was a sweetheart. And did I mention that she was 106? Wow. Hah. We visited a member of ours in the old folks home where she lived. It was good. We brought our member some flowers, and she was so excited to have visitors that she showed us off to all of the other residents.
Thursday. We had two lessons Thursday! With less actives. We still have no investigators. But I have had the feeling that the WARD is the reason they called Sister Jencks and I here. They need some missionary love. And there are some GREAT members here. Active, inactive, less active, they are wonderful.
Friday we had a hilarious eating appointment with the Elders. A cute old lady from the ward. We asked her if she had a favorite song. She said yes and asked to see my book. Then she flipped through every. Page. All 210 of them. Annnd never found it. Hah. Naja.
Saturday we went to a baptism!! Olena Weichelt. She. Is. A gem. She is a single mom with 3 daughters. Her mother joined the church in the Ukraine in 2000, and her daughters are both members, and on Saturday, after many many years, she was baptized. Sister Jencks and I have had the opportunity to teach her a few times with the Elders. She is such a doll. Little Lena. Oh! I almost forgot! I sang at her baptism. Surprise? Yes, it was. the Elders called 2 hours before and said "Sister Bice, our musical number just cancelled on us...could you sing??" So I did. Come thou Font of Every Blessing. It felt good to sing again, even though I was WAY nervous because the Stuttgart ward is chalk full of professional musicians. But! I love music:)
Naja! I still can't believe my last transfer started...today. What? Transfer 12? Already? Meine Güte. But! I am loving Stuttgart. It has been hard, but it is helping me learn and grow. I am a little nervous I won't learn all the things the Lord wants to teach me before I come home but..I am trying.  The Gospel is wonderufl. In a world where perfection is always seemingly just out of reach, the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect. Missionaries aren't perfect. Members aren't perfect. We all know that I am not perfect. But the gospel? Is perfect.
Alright! Time to scamper once more! Sister Jencks and I have quite a bit to get done today. And! There is a carnival in town. Where there are carnivals, there is cotton candy. And where there is cotton candy..well, Sister Bice loves cotton candy. :) So! Ich hab euch alle lieb! Alles Gute gel?
Love,
Sister Bice

No comments:

Post a Comment