Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hallo!‏

Dear Familie und Freunde,
First off, I would like to give a little shout out to my companion.
We've been together for over 3 months now, and any of you who have
been with me ever for more than even a few consecutive DAYS know that
sometimes, I can be a bit of a handful. Sometimes I can be a bit of a
pill. Sometimes, I'm a little moody. And, well, I am not perfect. But
Sister Schulze is a trooper. She's patient with me, and always finding
little things to do for me. She's a great companion, and I am grateful
for her. :)
Anywho! Another week come and gone here in Deutschland. Apparently as
the spring rolls in, so do the..liederhosen and dirndl. Baha. I feel
like I just may have to invest in a dirndl one of these days...also! I
am proud to announce that carbonated water doesn't taste like cleaner
anymore. In fact, I kind of like it...uh..
I GOT TO SKYPE MY FAMILY YESTERDAY! Annnd it was SO good. I love them
all so much, and it was super great to talk to them:)
I also spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday. Speaking terrifies me (in
English..say nothing about German!) and I spent the whole weekend
fretting about it. But! When it all came down to it, it wasn't all
that bad. I am not entirely sure what I ended up saying, but my comp
said it was great. Haha.
And! Of course last Thursday, we had our Finding Day. It was long, it
was hard, and in the end, the thing I learned most didn't have much to
do with finding at all. I learned a very precious lesson that day. As
the seventh hour of straight walking rolled around, I thought "Mensch!
My feet hurt!" And then from nowhere came the thought "..just think
of how much the Saviors feet must have hurt when they drove a nail
through them..". About an hour later, my shoulders started really
complaining about carrying my backpack all day. Again a thought:
"..and think of how much Christ's shoulders had to bear as He carried
His cross towards Golgatha..". In both instances I was just
overwhelmed with a new appreciation and gratitude for the Atonement,
and for my Savior. "For He hath borne our griefs and carried our
sorrows..He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our
iniquities; the chastisement of our peach was upon Him; and with His
stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:4-5). I can't imagine the pain
Christ suffered as He atoned for the sins of the world. But He never
gave in. He endured to the end, so that we may all have the chance to
come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him. I love the lyrics to the
song "This is the Christ"..
"They heard his voice, a voice so mild. It pierced them thought and
made their souls to quake. They saw him come, a man in white, the
Savior who had suffered for their sakes. THey felt the woulds in hands
 and side, and each could testify: 'This is the Christ'. I read his
words, the words he prayed while bearing sorrow in Gethsemane. I feel
His love, the price He paid. How many drops of blood were spilled for
me? With saints of old in joyful cry, I too can testify: 'This is the
Christ!' THis is the Chrsit, the Holy Son of God, our Savior, Lord,
Redeemer of mankind. This is the Christ, the healer of our souls, who
ransomed us with love divine."-James E. Faust
I love this song so much. It is so beautifully written. And, I too can
testify that Jesus is the Christ. He suffered for us, because He loves
us. How blessed I am to share my testimony with the wonderful people
of Germany. I know that Christ knows us all perfectly, and he knows
perfectly well that we are not perfect. But that's not what He's
concerned about. He just wants us to give our best. To give Him
everything. And perhaps sometimes, our best isn't seemingly very much,
but it's enough for Him. I love this work.
Anywho, we are looking forward to a great week here in Göppingen! I'll
let you know how it goes!
Much love,
Sister Bice

No comments:

Post a Comment